Re: [gnome-db] Environment for building db applications needed

I searching for that enviroment too.

I think you are searching for a User-Oriented enviroment (see the
Gnome-Db Live at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeDb), where the end user
could:

- Create forms, tables
- Program its forms with a python (or any scripting enviromente)
- Store the data, forms and code in a simple XML file.

I think is a usefull application, and must be User-Oriented, to allow
the user tho easily create his own apps.

I think it could be created using the following:

- LIBGNOME-DB/LIBGDA, as the GUI/DB front end. In this case, must be
an implementation of  gnome-db in the disired scripting language, and
able to compile the lib in other plattaforms like Win.

- Use GLADE 3.0, as the GUI designer. I know that the next version of
GLADE will allow to Plug the designer in any app.

- Create a version of XML, that could store: GUI glade definitions
(embeded glade file) for the forms, definition of the data base (XML
database embeded) and the scrips of the code for any form.

- And an option or alternated app, where you can 'run' your database
application stored in that XML.