Re: [gnome-db] Environment for building db applications needed

Hi,

We have developed a complete development framework especially suited for
database oriented applications called Af-Arch. It is a middle-ware that
allows to build applications in a distribuited manner supporting, at
this moment, to program client aplications using either C on C#.

The server side programming is done using C language, but, it is mostly
not required to program anything on the server side. Af-Arch have an IDL
compiler, called Af-gen,  which not only generates stub and skeletons
but also figure out which services will be needed, according to the data
model, generating all the services, the SQL schema, even all the
autoconf files required. For database queries, obviously, we use GDA.

At this moment we are looking to support python for the client side
programming but, using C#, we have found a really good fundation to
build client applications, that not only runs on GNOME but on Microsoft
Windows, without suffering a lot of pain.

Af-Arch framework has been developed to not force you some kind of
Graphical environment, even programming model, and SO.

Here is nice an example, with videos and screenshots, called GMOVIL
http://gmovil.aspl.es

More about applications developed with Af-Arch can be found at:
http://fact.aspl.es/index.php?id=33

The Af-Arch environment can be found at: http://fact.aspl.es

Best Regards,

--
Francis Brosnan Blazquez <francis aspl es>
Advanced Software Production Line, S.L.