Re: [gnome-db] future of bonobo as libgnomedb requirement

Rodrigo Moya (rodrigo gnome-db org) wrote:

> I don't see the point in adding those widgets, which means adding
> mostly all of libgda, to GTK. Database access is a specific thing,
> used only by specific applications, so having it in separate libraries
> makes much more sense to me than adding everything to one lib.

I agree. Probably it is also more easy for devs to maintain.

The inquiry was to know whether in providing libgda/libgnome bindings
for Haskell, one would 'stay' in or out of gtk, i.e. atm, gtk2hs project
covers about 90%, so adding more stuff into gtk would mean that writing
gnomedb bindings will 'push' the project to keep over 90% :-)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Registered Linux User	| #278493