Re: [gnome-db] Proposals for mergeant

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 14:18, Adam Williams wrote:
> > > the plan is to use the same scripting implementation than the rest of
> > > GNOME Office, which is what you can find in the gnome-office module in
> > > GNOME CVS. As you can see from that code, it is still unfinished, since
> > > we still have to make all GNOME Office apps agree on that.
> > Ah, this is interesting. Haven't heard of that yet.
>
> Niether have I,  is there any URLs about this?

no, this was mainly discussed in the gnome-office-list. We haven't yet
agreed on the common plugin system for all applications, on which the
scripting stuff depends. That's why there hasn't been any
release/announcement.

>  One of the gripes I hear
> most at our User Group meetings is the lack of any equivalent to
> VBS/VBA, no way to automate moving data between applications.  Since
> GNOME Basic was declared dead I wasn't aware of any potential
> equivalent.

right

> I assume "GNOME Office apps" doesn't include Open Office?

no, GNOME Office 1.0 was Gnumeric, AbiWord and GNOME-DB. For future
versions, other apps might be included. This is all discussed in the GO
list.