Re: [gnome-db] database xml - xml database new from uri

On Sat, 2003-08-23 at 22:03 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 14:06 +0200, Philippe CHARLIER wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Still in my quest to use xml-database ;-)
> >
> > I managed to create a XML database with tables (with no datas for the
> > moment, but with table properties defined).
> > This XML database is saved to disk with the correct access right.
> > So far, so good.
> >
> > Now I would like to reopen this database to read/add datas to it, ...
> > well for the moment to read it and eventually to add tables or add
> > fields to existing tables.
> >
> > To do that, I used the function "gda_xml_database_new_from_uri()".
> > Before going further, I printed its content as a string to be sure it is
> > correctly loaded (using "gda_xml_database_to_string()").
> >
> > Well, I get an empty database ???
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0"?>
> > <database name="airports" version="0.91.0"/>
> >
> > instead of the data that I have in the file :
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0"?>
> > <database name="airports" version="0.91.0"><tables><table
> > name="airport"><field name ......... </tables></database>
> >
> > Is it normal that "gda_xml_database_new_from_uri()" just create an empty
> > database with the name and uri of the one on the disk (without the
> > tables and tables datas) ?
> >
> no, it's not normal. There is missing code in one function which I am
> adding as we speak. As soon as it's in CVS I'll send a message to the
> list so that you can get it and test it.

ok, this is now implemented in CVS, but not tested. So, you are our
tester for this, so please get the sources from CVS and tell us of any
problem :-)

You will have to re-create the XML file, since I've changed some things
that were wrong in the way the XML file was structured.