Re: [gnome-db] Prepared Statements

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 12:12:43PM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> yeah, most of the providers still don't use the arguments passed to the
> execute_command function. The thing is that the prepared statements
> should be something internal to the providers. That is, it should not be
> in the API, since I guess clients should not have to deal with that.
> Instead, the provider, when it makes sense, it should use prepared
> statements.

	When I said the it's supported by the API, it was because we have
the parameters in execute_command . My idea is not create a new function
to use prepared statements, it's to use the parameters, and this has to be
internal to the providers.

> yes, the problem is that we haven't come up with the final decision on
> this. I guess using ':' is the best way, since it seems it could be used
> for all providers. Then, internally, providers should use prepared
> statements when there are arguments.

	Ok. Will it be implemented early? My trouble is that I am going to
make a speech in the university about libgda and I would like to talk
about prepared statements. What's your opinion?

	Bye!