Re: [gnome-db] gda-postgres doesn't work with postgresql 7.2
- From: Gonzalo Paniagua Javier <gonzalo gnome-db org>
- To: GDA <gnome-db-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [gnome-db] gda-postgres doesn't work with postgresql 7.2
- Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 18:03:19 +0100
* [ Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
* Wed, 06 Mar 2002 16:02:17 +0100 ]
> yes, but the problem is still that we are relying on an OID in a system
> table. That is, it seems that postgresql-7.2, when it creates the system
> tables, does do it without the OIDs, and that is the problem for us,
> since to get the description of some fields, we access the pg_attribute
> table using an OID.
Not in the GNOME2 code. I do the same as psql does to retrieve
information from system catalogs.
Gonzalo Paniagua Javier <gonzalo gnome-db org>
] [Thread Prev