Re: [gnome-db] gda-postgres doesn't work with postgresql 7.2

le mer 06-03-2002 à 16:01, Rodrigo Moya a écrit :
> yes, but the problem is still that we are relying on an OID in a system
> table. That is, it seems that postgresql-7.2, when it creates the system
> tables, does do it without the OIDs, and that is the problem for us,
> since to get the description of some fields, we access the pg_attribute
> table using an OID.

If you look at the system catalog structure as described in the doc
in "programmers guide/server programming/About system catalog"
you can see that for example, pg_attribute is never refered by oid by
other tables. This mean that you shouldn't do what you did :
accessing this table by oid.
The same applies to all system catalog tables in which oids have been
removed. So now, the only solution is to rely on primary keys for
these tables, not on oids.
Note however that oids are still present for some system catalog
tables.

regards

Eri
--