Re: [gnome-db] gda-odbc_2.96 connection

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 12:37, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
    seems correct, so, could you try to debug gda-odbc-srv, stopping in
    gda_odbc_connection_open and see what it does?

    cheers

Not should what/how to do that.  It does not even try to connect.  The
configuration is not right.  I don't even know what the connection
string should be.  Like I said I have it running in isql.  I have
unixODBC and iODBC install. I do not know which one gda-odbc uses, nor
do I know if the configs files odbc.ini and odbinst.ini are even used by
gda-odbc.  I cannot run the wizard to install the connection because the
gda-odbc has no pramaters (or something).  I can edit the connection
string, but don't know what to put there.
  Can some one with a working gda-odbc connection send me their
connection string?  Also if anyone understands more about gda-odbc and
could answer my Qs about how gda-odbc uses it, I like to know.

thanks for any help you can offer me,
james