Re: [gnome-db] gda-odbc_2.96 connection

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 22:18, James Leigh wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 12:37, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>     seems correct, so, could you try to debug gda-odbc-srv, stopping in
>     gda_odbc_connection_open and see what it does?
>
>     cheers
>
> Not should what/how to do that.  It does not even try to connect.  The
> configuration is not right.  I don't even know what the connection
> string should be.  Like I said I have it running in isql.  I have

gda-odbc uses unixODBC, and the same connection string you use for it
should work with gda-odbc.

To debug, just make sure gda-odbc-srv is not running and:

$ gdb gda-odbc-srv
(gdb) b gda_odbc_connection_open
(gdb) run

then, when it gets to gda_odbc_connection_open (for this, of course, you
should try to open a connection from the GNOME-DB front end), step one
instruction at a time (command 'n' in the (gdb) prompt) and see what it
does. It should display the source code while you run it.

> unixODBC and iODBC install. I do not know which one gda-odbc uses, nor
> do I know if the configs files odbc.ini and odbinst.ini are even used by
> gda-odbc.  I cannot run the wizard to install the connection because the
> gda-odbc has no pramaters (or something).  I can edit the connection
> string, but don't know what to put there.

as I said, the connection string should be the same as you use in
unixODBC.

>   Can some one with a working gda-odbc connection send me their
> connection string?  Also if anyone understands more about gda-odbc and
> could answer my Qs about how gda-odbc uses it, I like to know.

I think I answered correctly, anyway, if somebody has it working, please
send your connection string, as I don't use the ODBC provider much :-)