[gnome-db] gda-odbc_2.96 connection

I cannot seem to use the odbc provider for gnome1.4.  When adding the
provider I get this error message:
"no parameters for provider OAFID:GNOME_GDA_Provider_ODBC_Connection"

this this normal or is there something wrong with my installation?  I an
using debian woody with these packages:

ii  gda-mysql      0.2.96-2       GDA backend server for MySQL
ii  gda-odbc       0.2.96-2       GDA backend server for ODBC
ii  gda-postgres   0.2.96-2       GDA backend server for PostgreSQL
ii  gnumeric-gda   1.0.8-1t1      Database access plugin for the GNOME spreads
un  libgda-bin     <none>         (no description available)
ii  libgda-common  0.2.96-2       GNU Data Access library -- common files.
un  libgda-data    <none>         (no description available)
ii  libgda0        0.2.96-2       GNU Data Access library -- runtime libraries
ii  gnome-db       0.2.96-2       frontend to the GDA architecture for GNOME -
un  gnome-db-dev   <none>         (no description available)
ii  libgnomedb0    0.2.96-2       frontend to the GDA architecture for GNOME -

thanks for any help,
james