Re: [gnome-db] another gda config tool

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 00:37, Gonzalo Paniagua Javier wrote:
> > AFAIK, gda-config-tool also uses the gda_config API
>
> No. Don't remember why exactly i did not use them. Probably because
> write function are inmediately saved to file and because i wanted to be
> able to edit the configuration in another file. The first one can be
> solved with not much work, but the second no (at least without adding
> more functions to gda-config.c).

or maybe just making gda-config.c not save things immediately? For the
1.4 version, there were a gda_config_commit function, that did save all
stuff to the configuration when called.

Maybe we could just add it, and also add a gda_config_set_mode call, so
that apps like gda-config-tool can change the behavior and make it not
save all things directly to disk, and wait for _commit to be called.
Thus, 'normal' apps will still get the current behavior (save
immediately) and other apps can just change that behavior.

How does this sound?