[gnome-db] Re: schemas

Le mar 09/07/2002 à 19:28, Rodrigo Moya a écrit :
> Hi Vivien (et all)
>
> I've just upgraded the documentation on the format of the data models to
> be returned in get_schema. I've made it match what we did in the GNOME 2
> branch for fields, and what was already being used in the 1.4 branch,
> specially in gASQL. So, this is an important change for the new egnima
> to work.
>
> So, please, have a look at libgda/doc/C/libgda-docs.sgml, in the
> providers method description, and tell me what is wrong, right, etc.

Unfortunately, I don't have much time right now because I'm leaving on
hollidays in a few hours, to have a detailled look, but I can tell you
how to proceed from the Egnima's code.

All the gda_connection_get_schema() calls are in the database.c and
server-data.c files, and the code is quite easy to read to see which
fields are used from the returned GdaDataModel and what they are used
for.

Basically all is needed from the schemas is in this code.

I think after this step, the last thing before we can consider the port
to Gnome2 complete is the nice widget to present tables, views, fields,
sequences, etc you made. Then we can move forward!

Thanks,