Re: [gnome-db] Egnima's status

On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 10:55, Malerba_Vivien stna dgac fr wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've mostly finished the Gnome 2 porting of Egnima, there are still a
> few bugs to fix but it is useable to do some development as it should
> compile without any problem, open and close a connection (using a
> predefined XML file) and quit. There is still a problem with the custom
> made canvas items, the error is:
> (egnima:32622): GnomeCanvas-CRITICAL **: file gnome-canvas-path-def.c:
> line 1142 (gnome_canvas_path_def_any_closed): assertion `path != NULL'
> failed
>

> Here is the work I propose for the near future:
> - continue and fix the remaining bugs in the Query structure (me)
> - investigate the canvas problem (me)
> - fix the bugs when loading the structure of a DB from libgda (not from
> an XML file), that is adapt to the libgda schemas or make sure the
> schemas are used in the right way (Rodrigo?)

I've already made the change to support the extended info for types and
tables in MySQL, but egnima is still crashing for me when opening the
connection.

> - include the SQL console window (Rodrigo?)

I'm about to commit the beginning of this.

> - start adding printing support
> - more (I'll provide a kind of roadmap soon).

I'll provide some things I've found about:

* remove the dialog that asks for the password after selecting the data
source, since the username and password can be retrieved from the
GnomeDbLogin widget in the previous dialog.

* the ordering of the buttons in dialogs has changed for GNOME 2, so
Ok/Cancel should be changed to Cancel/Ok. I've already made this change
in the dialog for quitting, and will be changing it in other dialogs as
I find them.

* I created a new MIME type in libgda, which uses .connection as
extension and XML for defining parameters to open a connection (there's
some work on a nautilus view in libgnomedb, which should work as of the
docs, but doesn't :-( So, I was thinking that we could use this MIME
type for Egnima also, extending the XML as needed by Egnima. Thus, we
could easily associate that MIME type to Egnima and have it integrated
in the rest of GNOME. So, what about extending this .connection file to
support all Egnima needs, and use it?