Re: [gnome-db] Congratulations to you all -> PostgreSQL 7.3 questions

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 09:55, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Le Vendredi 13 Décembre 2002 09:44, Vivien Malerba a écrit :
> > The first thing you could focus on is define :
> > - what the functions editor will allow the user to do,
>
> Create, alter, drop a function. Several languages should be supported
> (PLpgSQL, SQL, PLPython, etc...).

hmm, for this, we should then maybe extend the schema for procedures, so
that clients can get back info of what language is the function written
in, and act accordingly (use sql editor for sql, source code editor for
python/perl/etc

>  A function can have several different
> arguments : function (a, b) is not the same as function (a, b, c). Last time
> I read libgda, functions were only represented by their name, not arguments
> (this was a long time ago, I may be wrong).

now we return, in the procedures schema, a lot more information. From
the docs:

"name, unique id, owner, comments, return type, number of arguments, arguments
types (arguments types in the order, separated by spaces) and SQL definition.
For the arguments where any type is accepted, '-' is returned as type."