Re: [gnome-db] rpms for 0.8.192

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 07:52, Ben Liblit wrote:
> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > ok, patchs applied.
>
> Yay!
>
> Now that we're got things rolling, here's a small follow-on patch for
> libgda only.  The one-line specfile change is a fairly straightforward
> omission on my part.  The Makefile.am changes were already in my earlier
> patch, but was dropped from in Rodrigo's CVS commit (though the
> corresponding ChangeLog description was retained).
>
> Rodrigo, can I impose on you to apply this patch too?  Thank you!

yes, you can. I don't know why it got out of the patch.

> > Are you volunteering for the job [of building release & snapshot
> > RPMs]? :-))
>
> I would volunteer if I thought I would be using GNOME-DB regularly, but
> my own projects have changed in character and have moved away from
> databases.  So I must decline the invitation.
>
> Surely there must be at least one regular GNOME-DB developer who uses a
> Red Hat + Ximian GNOME2 box?  (By the way, if it would be helpful to
> have a "make rpm" target for each of the three GNOME-DB subsystems, I
> think I could put that together without much trouble.  Let me know if
> that would be useful.)

no, there is no gnome-db developer using RPM-based distros :-( We seem
to all be using debian, and that's why we get debian packages for all
releases (thanks to Akira). So, we really need someone to take over the
job of doing the RPMs.

The dedication needed for this is 2 hours (exaggerating) the first time,
to set up a script for doing the job, and then, from then, just read the
list for new releases and fire up the script everytime there is a new
release. So, as you can imagine, this will mean like 30 mins from time
to time :-)