Re: [gnome-db] refactoring completed

On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 08:58, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Le Dimanche 28 Avril 2002 22:17, Gonzalo Paniagua Javier a écrit :
> >         Well, I started the bison lex parser for SQL99, but I'm sure it's
> >         easier to add support for new stuff since SQL92 to the one that
> >         Andrew already has.
>
> Dear all,
>
> I am not very familiar with bison lex parser. Are you trying to offer some
> kind of SQL spell-checker? You probably know Oracle and PostgreSQL offer many
> non SQL92 and non SQL 99 features. Examples : VACCUM ANALYSE, SET
> CLIENT_ENCODING = Latin9, etc.. How are you going to handle these features? I
> hope this will not stop queries from executing.

the idea is to have the parser understand standard SQL (SQL92/SQL99),
and that's all.

I don't know if we could also add this kind of commands to our XML
queries DTD. But as a starting point, standard SQL would be ok, since
what we want is just to be able to parse SQL in non-SQL providers
(XML-based one, LDAP, etc), and also to be able to send *standard*
commands to all providers.