Re: [gnome-db]Yet more problems

--- Begin Message ---
On 27 May 2001 14:32:12 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On 27 May 2001 13:30:54 +0200, Reinhard Mueller wrote:
> > Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> > > ok, just fixed this. Please Sean, try again, and if you find any other problem,
> > > please tell us.
> > >
> > > Thanks Serge for the tip
> > >
> > > cheers
> >
> > Just out of curiosity: If I do GNOMEDB_oafdir=$datadir/oaf, then
> > installing from source won't work if I want to install in another prefix
> > than OAF is installed, will it?
> >
> > Say you have gnome 1.4 installed (and therefore OAF) under /opt/gnome,
> > and want to install gnome-db under /usr/local, make install will put the
> > oaf files under /usr/local/share/oaf, where oaf won't find it.
> >
> exactly, that is why configure.in was using `oaf-config --datadir`, since this
> is very important. If not installed in the correct place, OAF won't find
> the components.
>
> So, how could we solve this to use `oaf-config...` for source
> installation and $datadir/oaf for packages?
> My first try was to use "GNOMEDB_oafdir=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{prefix}" in the
> make call in the spec file, but this did not seem to work

I'm not sure about the source way of building, but for packaging,
it's actually ${datadir}/oaf
and it works,
I also had alot of fun coaxing glade to compile, and under RH7 at least,
the glade folks need to point to some different include dirs, at the
moment they just point glade at the /usr/include and not
/usr/include/gnome-db and /usr/include/gda, oh well, I got it to work
and I will (finally) start playing with this version to write the users
guide, you mentioned the GDA command line tools as well, Rodrigo, do you
have a list of names so I can at least create a page for each one now
that we can fill in once they are finished.
thanks
Sean Allen

--- End Message ---