Re: [gnome-db]Yet more problems

On 27 May 2001 13:30:54 +0200, Reinhard Mueller wrote:
> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>
> > On 26 May 2001 14:20:02 +0300, Serge Pavlovsky wrote:
> >> in configure.in
> >>
> >> GNOMEDB_oafdir=`oaf-config --prefix`/share/oaf
> >>
> >> is completely broken with respect to packaging. it must be
> >>
> >> GNOMEDB_oafdir=$datadir/oaf
> >>
> >> and many other places broken too.
> >>

> > ok, just fixed this. Please Sean, try again, and if you find any other problem,
> > please tell us.
> >
> > Thanks Serge for the tip
> >
> > cheers
>
> Just out of curiosity: If I do GNOMEDB_oafdir=$datadir/oaf, then
> installing from source won't work if I want to install in another prefix
> than OAF is installed, will it?
>
> Say you have gnome 1.4 installed (and therefore OAF) under /opt/gnome,
> and want to install gnome-db under /usr/local, make install will put the
> oaf files under /usr/local/share/oaf, where oaf won't find it.

exactly, that is why configure.in was using `oaf-config --datadir`, since this
is very important. If not installed in the correct place, OAF won't find
the components.

So, how could we solve this to use `oaf-config...` for source
installation and $datadir/oaf for packages?
My first try was to use "GNOMEDB_oafdir=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{prefix}" in the
make call in the spec file, but this did not seem to work

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/