Re: [Fwd: Re: [gnome-db]API reference]

> > blob and tinyblob
> >
> Cleber, can you have a look at the MySQL provider to see how it's
> managing these data types? I think this can be the problem.

This is the snippet of code that might be causing this (it's in gda-mysql-connection.c, line 338):

 case FIELD_TYPE_TINY_BLOB:
case FIELD_TYPE_MEDIUM_BLOB: return GDA_TypeVarbin;
case FIELD_TYPE_LONG_BLOB:
case FIELD_TYPE_BLOB: return GDA_TypeLongvarbin;

How should we deal with them? Should all TINY_BLOB return GDA_TypeVarbin
and LONG_BLOB return GDA_TypeLongvarbin ??? Or are new GDA types the
best solution?

Bye.