Re: [Fwd: Re: [gnome-db]API reference]

On 11 May 2001 13:54:04 -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>
> > yes, no app in gnome-db/libgda should be using /gda..., but
> > /apps/gda.... Remove that directory, and if it gets created again,
> > you're running an old version of some of the parts.
>
> I guess since it is being created always anew, one of the parts must be
> old. (I should really get the source and compile it myself, but that may
> have to wait until the spring session course I am teaching is over.)
>
> aguelzow m14:~$ rpm -qi libgda0-0.2.3-2mdk
> Name        : libgda0                      Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 0.2.3                             Vendor: MandrakeSoft
> Release     : 2mdk                          Build Date: Mon 12 Mar 2001
> 09:41:41 AM MST
> Install date: Wed 02 May 2001 10:27:05 AM MDT      Build Host:
> bi.mandrakesoft.com
> Group       : Databases                     Source RPM:
> libgda-0.2.3-2mdk.src.rpm
> Size        : 301106                           License: GPL/LGPL
> Packager    : Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
> URL         : http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-db/
> Summary     : GNU Data Access
>
> aguelzow m14:~$ rpm -qi gda-0.2.3-2mdk
> Name        : gda                          Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 0.2.3                             Vendor: MandrakeSoft
> Release     : 2mdk                          Build Date: Mon 12 Mar 2001
> 09:41:41 AM MST
> Install date: Wed 09 May 2001 11:38:44 PM MDT      Build Host:
> bi.mandrakesoft.com
> Group       : Databases                     Source RPM:
> libgda-0.2.3-2mdk.src.rpm
> Size        : 435226                           License: GPL/LGPL
> Packager    : Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
> URL         : http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-db/
> Summary     : GNU Data Access
>
> aguelzow m14:~$ rpm -qi gnome-db
> Name        : gnome-db                     Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 0.2.3                             Vendor: MandrakeSoft
> Release     : 1mdk                          Build Date: Wed 07 Mar 2001
> 09:36:02 AM MST
> Install date: Wed 09 May 2001 11:28:35 PM MDT      Build Host:
> bi.mandrakesoft.com
> Group       : Databases                     Source RPM:
> gnome-db-0.2.3-1mdk.src.rpm
> Size        : 375385                           License: GPL
> Packager    : Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
> URL         : http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-db/
> Summary     : GNOME DB

hm, it looks as if those packages have been done with different versions
(different days) of gnome-db and libgda. Maybe it's better if you get
directly our source RPMs and try to build them (rpm --rebuild
package.src.rpm)

> >> hmm, it may be due to an unsupported data type. Coudl you tell us the types
> >> of the fields in that table?
> >
> blob and tinyblob

Cleber, can you have a look at the MySQL provider to see how it's
managing these data types? I think this can be the problem.

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/