Re: [gnome-db]0.2.4 (Trying out the CVS)

>>I plan to make this weekend (or the following one) a new release,
>>containing all the new stuff that we've been adding, so please, could
>>people get the sources from CVS and test it so that we can find any
>>serious problems.

I grabbed the code from CVS and libgda compiled and installed -
cd libgda;./autogen.sh;make;make install

But when I try to compile GNOME-DB it fails in the "po" directory -
./autogen.sh;make

make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/gnome-db'
Making all in po
make[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/gnome-db/po'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `../components/GNOME_DB_HelpViewer.oaf.in',
needed by `gnome-db.pot'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/gnome-db/po'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/gnome-db'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

The autogen seems to have worked as it ended in:

creating frontend/Makefile
creating builder/Makefile
creating stamp.h
creating config.h
Now type `make' to compile GNOME-DB

Is there anything specific I can look for?

On a whim I removed the requirements for gnomedb-com-help-viewer.c and
GNOME_DB_HelpViewer.oaf.in in po/Makefile.  Then it seemed to compile fine and
the only odd message I saw was (and maybe it is normal):
-----<make process excerp>---------------------------------------------
Making all in pt_BR
make[3]: Entering directory `/tmp/gnome-db/doc/pt_BR'
db2html gnome-db.sgml
TMPDIR is DBTOHTML_OUTPUT_DIR28498

input file was called gnome-db.sgml -- output will be in gnome-db

working on ../gnome-db.sgml
jade:../gnome-db.sgml:91:42:E: general entity "GnomeDb" not defined and no
default entity
jade:../gnome-db.sgml:387:0:E: character data is not allowed here
about to copy cascading stylesheet and admon graphics to temp dir
about to rename temporary directory to gnome-db
-----<end of excerp>--------------------------------------------

The wizard in gomedb-fe lets me create a data source using the default provider
(if the directory already exists). But clicking OK on the connect dialog locks
up that dialog box,  although the gnomedb-fe window still responds.  But I can
keep clicking Connect and get more and more dialog boxes.  I can also exit out
of gnomedb-fe and while it closes all the connect dialog boxes stay.

After exiting gnomedb-fe with connect dialogs open:
$ps axwww | grep gnomedb
29512 ?        S      0:02 gnomedb-components
--oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_DB_ComponentFactory --oaf-ior-fd=11
29520 ?        S      0:02 gnomedb-mgr
--oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_DB_ManagerFactory --oaf-ior-fd=13

My box is RH7.0 with Ximian GNOME 1.4.

Systems and Network Administrator
Morrison Industries
1825 Monroe Ave NW.