[gnome-db]0.2.4

Hi!

I plan to make this weekend (or the following one) a new release,
containing all the new stuff that we've been adding, so please, could
people get the sources from CVS and test it so that we can find any
serious problems.

There is one bug which I still haven't been able to fix, which is the
one that makes you try to connect twice, since the first one (when the
provider is activated) always fails. It's quite strange, since the
provider is actually activated, but the _open connection fails. And, if
I run both the client and the provider in gdb, everything works ok, so
I'm stucked on this.

After this new release, I'm thinking on new additions:
* start using the libxmlquery added by Gerhard: the first thing I want
to do is to finally implement the 'New object' stuff in the
GnomeDbBrowser, so that users can visually create their objects. Also, a
query designer might be interesting
* GDA listeners: I've been thinking also on having a new interface in
the IDL (GDA::Listener), which will allow processes to listen to events
on the providers. This could be really interesting for the logger
proposed by the ASPL-Fact people. This way, all logging stuff would take
place in a separate process, and not in the provider.
* and well, more work on the UI

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/