Re: [gnome-db]Access-like prkect

On 23 Jul 2001 08:31:57 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> >>Probably gaSQL is the closest thing, if you mean as a data access
> >>tool. If you mean access-like app development I don't know, maybe glade if
> >>it supports gnome-db widgets (I haven't a clue, yet).
> >yes, they're supported, although only a few of them, and only
> >partially. But for development you can now use the libgnomedb library, which
> >offers some of the features found in VBA (DB-oriented widgets).
>
> Can anyone throw me some URLs to examples?

the best examples are in the gnome-db source code (gnome-db/components
and
gnome-db/frontend) where all these widgets are used.

But yes, we need some easy examples... oh, yes, the ones that Brian
added the other day might be worth looking. They're at gnome-db/testing

> >>I'm working on a presentation about data access and data access
> >>tools for the Linux platform,  you can find it at -
> >>http://www.kalamazoolinux.org/presentations/pdf/dbaccess-v6.pdf
> >>You may (or may not) find it useful,  but if you look at it I'd
> >>appreciate any comments.  Some parts are already obselete (OSS
> >>developement never seems to let up :), and others aren't complete
> >>yet. It is best if you use xpdf so you can rotate it right,  as ps2pdf
> >>seems to only make portrait documents.
> >very nice!
>
> Thanks.
>
> >Would you mind if I put a link to that document in the
> >GNOME-DB site. I think it explains very well the whole architecture, so it
>
> Wow!  So I might even be close to understanding all this stuff?! :)

yes, you are :-)

> >might be very nice to have it available.
>
> I probably need to check with the company (Armstrong International) that hosts
> the LUG website (for free) out of courtesy,  but I don't expect that linking to
> it would be a problem.

ok, let me now if I can do it, and I'll add the link as soon as you tell me so