Re: [gnome-db]Access-like prkect

On 22 Jul 2001 22:56:29 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> >Does anyone know if there are any attempts to make a MS Access-like
> >frontend to gnome-db?
>
> Probably gaSQL is the closest thing, if you mean as a data access tool.
> If you mean access-like app development I don't know, maybe glade if it
> supports gnome-db widgets (I haven't a clue, yet).

yes, they're supported, although only a few of them, and only partially.
But for development you can now use the libgnomedb library, which offers
some of the features found in VBA (DB-oriented widgets).

> I'm working on a presentation about data access and data access tools
> for the Linux platform,  you can find it at -
> http://www.kalamazoolinux.org/presentations/pdf/dbaccess-v6.pdf
> You may (or may not) find it useful,  but if you look at it I'd
> appreciate any comments.  Some parts are already obselete (OSS
> developement never seems to let up :), and others aren't complete yet.
> It is best if you use xpdf so you can rotate it right,  as ps2pdf seems
> to only make portrait documents.

very nice! Would you mind if I put a link to that document in the GNOME-DB site.
I think it explains very well the whole architecture, so it might be
very nice to have it available.

nice work!