Re: [gnome-db]Access-like prkect

>>>Does anyone know if there are any attempts to make a MS Access-like
>>>frontend to gnome-db?
>>Probably gaSQL is the closest thing, if you mean as a data access
>>tool. If you mean access-like app development I don't know, maybe glade if
>>it supports gnome-db widgets (I haven't a clue, yet).
>yes, they're supported, although only a few of them, and only
>partially. But for development you can now use the libgnomedb library, which
>offers some of the features found in VBA (DB-oriented widgets).

Can anyone throw me some URLs to examples?

>>I'm working on a presentation about data access and data access
>>tools for the Linux platform,  you can find it at -
>>http://www.kalamazoolinux.org/presentations/pdf/dbaccess-v6.pdf
>>You may (or may not) find it useful,  but if you look at it I'd
>>appreciate any comments.  Some parts are already obselete (OSS
>>developement never seems to let up :), and others aren't complete
>>yet. It is best if you use xpdf so you can rotate it right,  as ps2pdf
>>seems to only make portrait documents.
>very nice!

Thanks.

>Would you mind if I put a link to that document in the
>GNOME-DB site. I think it explains very well the whole architecture, so it

Wow!  So I might even be close to understanding all this stuff?! :)

>might be very nice to have it available.

I probably need to check with the company (Armstrong International) that hosts
the LUG website (for free) out of courtesy,  but I don't expect that linking to
it would be a problem.

Systems and Network Administrator
Morrison Industries
1825 Monroe Ave NW.