[gnome-db]Re: libgda Perl bindings task

Hi Gregor!

[CCed the gnome-db-list]

On 05 Jul 2001 23:47:35 -0700, Gregor N. Purdy wrote:
> I'd be interested in knowing more about what would be involved in taking on the "libgda Perl bindings" task. I'm plenty familiar with Perl (I've even contributed non-C code to the core). I'm familiar with GNOME from a user perspective, but I've never dealt with the guts before (I don't even know what libgda does yet--http://www.gnome-db.org/ is not responding right now).

The work will mean to make a binding for the libgda-common and libgda-client
libraries, which are in CVS, under gnome-db/libgda/lib/gda-common and
gnome-db/libgda/lib/gda-client. You would need just to get the header
files, and make a perl module which calls those functions. The
implementation details will be as you wish.
Also, any suggestion on changes about the functions in those libraries
to make it easier for the bindings would be taken into account.

A (maybe useless) start of this bindings is already in CVS, under
gnome-db/libgda/bindings/perl. Just feel free to remove everything from
there, since it was me who did it, and I know very little about Perl :-(

So, please, start with it as soon as you can, we really need those
bindings :-) If you're familiar with Perl, I'm sure it will take you
very little time to do it.

gnome-db.org: yes, in the last days it's been unreachable for some time.
But try now, it seems to work right now.