Re: [gnome-db]compiling...

On 05 Jul 2001 23:29:09 -0300, Marcelo Elias Del Valle wrote:
> I have uninstalled the debian packages and re-compiled libgda and gnome-db.
> Now, gda-mysql-srv exists, but when I start gnome-db, nothing is loaded. I see
> no toolbar.
> 	When I compile with the --with-mysql option, I have executed the
> following command:
> ./configure --with-mysql
> and not
> ./configure --with-mysql=dir
> 	Can be because it nothing appears? What is this directory required by
> configure? The dir where mysql header files are in?

you should specify either --with-mysql=yes, in which case configure will
try to look for it in a set of predefined places (/usr, /usr/local...),
or specify the prefix where MySQL is installed. If you installed it from
binary packages, just use --with-mysql=yes

Before continuing, you should remove your ~/.gconf/apps/gnomedb-fe
directory, since some settings have changed. That's why, I think,
nothing appears on gnomedb-fe window