Re: [gnome-db]API docs and new release

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 02:27:48PM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> > > the 5th. In fact, I expect to have the final tarballs tonight or
> > > tomorrow.
> > >

> > As I said I need to fix 2 remaining bugs (should not be too long), but I
> > won't have them ready till the end of the week-end (one is important to
> > fix otherwise the relationships dialog won't display correctely).
> > Could the release otherwise wait for the beginning of next week?
> >
> sorry for not explaining well: I'm not making the release tonight or
> tomorrow,
> I'm just making the tarballs, and then, I'll leave it to Carlos and you
> to prepare
> the gASQL release and coordinate the packages (BTW, Akira, are you
> around? can you
> make also packages for gASQL?). When everything is ready, I'll send the
> announcement.

Ok, then I can take a little more time to have things fixed properly.
By wednesday's night, I'll have done the gASQL sources tarball and
Mandrake RPMS, and the Mandrake RPMS for Gnome-Db and Libgda.
(Wednasday is almost the only day I can work on the projects).

So maybe we can make the announcement on thursday or friday next week
to give some time to Carlos and Akira if they want to build the RPM
and DEB packages for gASQL.

What do you think of this?

> BTW, if we're making the release together, should we just make an
> announcement
> or two? If only one, please update the file
> gnome-db/www/docs/announce-0.2.90.php.
> I don't have an opinion on this, so do as you wish

Ok, then I propose we make only one annoucement, and I will link to it
from the gASQL web site. I'll add in the announcement in the "changes" section
the fact that gASQL will be released with Gnome-Db everytime a new version
will come out, and include a link to the gASQL web site.

(What about then having only the www.gnome-db.org web site also for gASQL?)

Do you agree with this?

> > > perfect. But, as I said, I will leave this to Carlos :-), since I'm
> > > flying on
> > > Sunday and won't have time to do anything.
> > >

> > Are you away for the whole next week?
> >
> yes, till Monday the 13th. But I'll be online

If you're on hollidays, then have nice ones :)