Re: [gnome-db]API docs and new release

On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 12:34:41AM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Hi!
>
> First, just to tell you that I've updated a little bit the API reference
> for both libgda and gnome-db. It's still missing a lot (33% of functions
> documented in gnome-db, 47% in libgda), but well, all functions are now
> in the documentation, even when undocumented, so you can get an idea of
> how everything works. They're at:
>
> http://www.gnome-db.org/docs/reference/libgda/libgda-reference.html
> http://www.gnome-db.org/docs/reference/gnome-db/libgnomedb-reference.html

I had not noticed there were so many objects in the gda lib (I always
work with the providers). I'll have a look because this will he helpfull
in gASQL.

> Also, a GNOME 1.4.1 release is being prepared, in which I'd like to
> include the current CVS version instead of the 0.2.10 release. So, even
> though I haven't totally finished the export stuff (it exports only the
> tables' description, not the data :-), I'm going to make the release
> before next Sunday, since next week I won't have much time to do
> anything.

Do you mean Sunday the 5th or the 12th?

> So, this is just to tell you that a new release will be ready (although
> incomplete) in a few days, so, as we talked, it would be nice to also
> have a gASQL release along, to be also included in GNOME 1.4.1.

All right. I just have to commit the latest changes (UI stuff and a memory leak
bug fix) and gASQL should work with the CVS version of Gnome-DB/Libgda.
I expected to name this version 0.6.1, but maybe it would be better to name
it with sth related to the Gnome-DB numbering. So for this version I propose
gASQL V0.6-0.2.11: replacing the last digit with the version number of Gnome-DB (using
0.2.11 would have made a smaller version number, which would have been confusing).
Then when Gnome-DB reaches the 0.7 versions, we can have gASQL with the same version
numbers.

> Also, please Carlos, could you take care of talking with Ismael and
> Akira for them to make the packages for this release? I'll tell you as
> soon as the final tarball is ready.

For gASQL, I will provide the source tarball and a Mandrake 8.0 RPM.

Cheers,