Re: [gnome-db]API docs and new release

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 02:03:56PM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On 03 Aug 2001 09:30:33 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 12:34:41AM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > First, just to tell you that I've updated a little bit the API reference
> > > for both libgda and gnome-db. It's still missing a lot (33% of functions
> > > documented in gnome-db, 47% in libgda), but well, all functions are now
> > > in the documentation, even when undocumented, so you can get an idea of
> > > how everything works. They're at:
> > >
> > > http://www.gnome-db.org/docs/reference/libgda/libgda-reference.html
> > > http://www.gnome-db.org/docs/reference/gnome-db/libgnomedb-reference.html
> >
> > I had not noticed there were so many objects in the gda lib (I always
> > work with the providers). I'll have a look because this will he helpfull
> > in gASQL.
> >
> well, I've added some new objects recently (GdaListener, GdaXml...), and
> moved
> some others (GdaError) to libgda-common. BTW, this reminds me that
> Gdafield and
> GdaServerField should also be merged in only one class, as I did with
> GdaError/GdaServerError.
>

> > > Also, a GNOME 1.4.1 release is being prepared, in which I'd like to
> > > include the current CVS version instead of the 0.2.10 release. So, even
> > > though I haven't totally finished the export stuff (it exports only the
> > > tables' description, not the data :-), I'm going to make the release
> > > before next Sunday, since next week I won't have much time to do
> > > anything.
> > >

> > Do you mean Sunday the 5th or the 12th?
> >
> the 5th. In fact, I expect to have the final tarballs tonight or
> tomorrow.

As I said I need to fix 2 remaining bugs (should not be too long), but I
won't have them ready till the end of the week-end (one is important to
fix otherwise the relationships dialog won't display correctely).
Could the release otherwise wait for the beginning of next week?

> > > So, this is just to tell you that a new release will be ready (although
> > > incomplete) in a few days, so, as we talked, it would be nice to also
> > > have a gASQL release along, to be also included in GNOME 1.4.1.
> > >

> > All right. I just have to commit the latest changes (UI stuff and a memory leak
> > bug fix) and gASQL should work with the CVS version of Gnome-DB/Libgda.
> > I expected to name this version 0.6.1, but maybe it would be better to name
> > it with sth related to the Gnome-DB numbering. So for this version I propose
> > gASQL V0.6-0.2.11: replacing the last digit with the version number of Gnome-DB (using
> > 0.2.11 would have made a smaller version number, which would have been confusing).
> > Then when Gnome-DB reaches the 0.7 versions, we can have gASQL with the same version
> > numbers.
> >
> this sounds perfect to me.

Ok

> > > Also, please Carlos, could you take care of talking with Ismael and
> > > Akira for them to make the packages for this release? I'll tell you as
> > > soon as the final tarball is ready.
> > >

> > For gASQL, I will provide the source tarball and a Mandrake 8.0 RPM.
> >
> perfect. But, as I said, I will leave this to Carlos :-), since I'm
> flying on
> Sunday and won't have time to do anything.

Are you away for the whole next week?

> Also, Vivien, would it be possible that you made Mandrake RPMs for
> gnome-db/libgda?
> I suppose the same .spec files would work, so you'll just have to build
> them.

Not completely because Mandrake uses a menu system RedHzt does not (the
same as the debian one). Anyway, I can find a little time to convert them
and make Mandrake 8.0 Packages for Gnome-DB and Libgda.