Re: [gnome-db]API docs and new release

On 03 Aug 2001 09:30:33 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 12:34:41AM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > First, just to tell you that I've updated a little bit the API reference
> > for both libgda and gnome-db. It's still missing a lot (33% of functions
> > documented in gnome-db, 47% in libgda), but well, all functions are now
> > in the documentation, even when undocumented, so you can get an idea of
> > how everything works. They're at:
> >
> > http://www.gnome-db.org/docs/reference/libgda/libgda-reference.html
> > http://www.gnome-db.org/docs/reference/gnome-db/libgnomedb-reference.html
>
> I had not noticed there were so many objects in the gda lib (I always
> work with the providers). I'll have a look because this will he helpfull
> in gASQL.

well, I've added some new objects recently (GdaListener, GdaXml...), and
moved
some others (GdaError) to libgda-common. BTW, this reminds me that
Gdafield and
GdaServerField should also be merged in only one class, as I did with
GdaError/GdaServerError.

> > Also, a GNOME 1.4.1 release is being prepared, in which I'd like to
> > include the current CVS version instead of the 0.2.10 release. So, even
> > though I haven't totally finished the export stuff (it exports only the
> > tables' description, not the data :-), I'm going to make the release
> > before next Sunday, since next week I won't have much time to do
> > anything.
> >

> Do you mean Sunday the 5th or the 12th?

the 5th. In fact, I expect to have the final tarballs tonight or
tomorrow.

> > So, this is just to tell you that a new release will be ready (although
> > incomplete) in a few days, so, as we talked, it would be nice to also
> > have a gASQL release along, to be also included in GNOME 1.4.1.
> >

> All right. I just have to commit the latest changes (UI stuff and a memory leak
> bug fix) and gASQL should work with the CVS version of Gnome-DB/Libgda.
> I expected to name this version 0.6.1, but maybe it would be better to name
> it with sth related to the Gnome-DB numbering. So for this version I propose
> gASQL V0.6-0.2.11: replacing the last digit with the version number of Gnome-DB (using
> 0.2.11 would have made a smaller version number, which would have been confusing).
> Then when Gnome-DB reaches the 0.7 versions, we can have gASQL with the same version
> numbers.

this sounds perfect to me.

> > Also, please Carlos, could you take care of talking with Ismael and
> > Akira for them to make the packages for this release? I'll tell you as
> > soon as the final tarball is ready.
> >

> For gASQL, I will provide the source tarball and a Mandrake 8.0 RPM.

perfect. But, as I said, I will leave this to Carlos :-), since I'm
flying on
Sunday and won't have time to do anything.

Also, Vivien, would it be possible that you made Mandrake RPMs for
gnome-db/libgda?
I suppose the same .spec files would work, so you'll just have to build
them.

Also, if you send the gASQL spec file to Carlos, I'm sure he'll send it
to Ismael, who
will make RH RPMs for libgda/gnome-db/gASQL. Carlos, can you do it?