Re: gda-report and gnue

> >From the looks of this dicussion and the lack of response on the gnue
> reports write up is it safe to assume you don't agree with our
> philopshies on reporting?

Well, Derek, could you excuse me for this?, I forgot this.

> Derek Neighbors
> GNU Enterprise
> http://www.gnue.org
> derek gnue org

I have read your proposal, and i think that it needs other point that it
doesn't show (or IMO it will solve in a non efficient way).

What about all the applications that will be as the Windows ones?
(Visual Basic + Crystal Reports). They are simple executables and don't
need run a "report server", The part that i'm implementing at this
moment is oriented to this kind of applications.

I think that we could make two different kinds of report.

A report integrated into an application (you have a report file which is
processed by the application, well, by the application isn't correct, by
the gda-report).

And other applications which use a report server like the one you
propose.

I think that the first option will be ideal to small applications and
the last one will be perfect to the medium-big applications (corporative
applications).

This is my general ideas.

Please feel free to flame this :-)

P.S.: I think that your model will be perfect. It could include an
Apache plugin for show reports at internet  :-) (like modperl or modphp,
perhaps modgdareport?)

Bye