Re: compiling gnome-db from cvs

> RM> well, what we must do is to release a new version to avoid all these
> RM> problems.
> RM> As soon as you think the debs can be made, we'll do it. There is a
> RM> little work
> RM> to be done about the spec files.
>
> sure. I think that many reported with BTS in question of
> Debian can be solved by the next release. therefore I wait
> for the next release, too :)
>
> RM> I've got in my debian machine both bonobo-0.18 (with OAF) and OAF-0.5.1,
> RM> so what's
> RM> the problem in doing the debian packages?
>
> there is not a problem to release the next version.
> but, because it was a problem that people can use a package
> with a problem as this time, I said that I wanted you to
> delete those deb in ftp.gnome.org. I can't put a file and
> delete a file in ftp.gnome.org.

all right, so let's do a new release. I'll add the missing spec files,
and
add some code that I've got in my local CVS copy. One of the things I'd
like to have for this release is the DB designer (using the DATABASE XML
format), so I'll be working to finish this.

Also, I'd like to hear from users about bugs, problems, features, etc

I suppose your debs work quite well, I'll be building them this week.
Also,
where should we put them? in ftp.gnome.org, or directly into debian?

is that ok?