Re: gda-sybase: Ongoing developement in cvs

> Holger Thon wrote:
> >

> > Hi!
> >
> > As i started working on the gda-sybase-server, i've got a few things to
> > discuss:
> > 1.) I saw you have entered yourself in the AUTHORS file for the gda-sybase
> >     server. What work have you done yet porting to freetds lib?
> > 2.) I suggest adding a gda-sybase_tds-server directory with the ct-lib based
> >     part of freetds (or maybe switch to dblib as it's more complete in dblib).
> >          So, the ocli part of gda-sybase-server needs just some adjustions, but
> >          would work with sybase licences as long as freetds based parts work.
> > 3.) Also be added will be a gda-tds-server, which will try to use the tds
> >     protocol stack of freetds directly.
> >
> > Any suggestions, or opinions?

well, this needs a good thought. We should add the less providers we can. So:

* freetds supports sybase and MS SQL, right? if so, there will be one provider
  for both of them
* do we really want to have apart from this a gda-sybase-server to let
  people compile with Sybase libs instead of freetds? If so, this provider
  should compile well with both sybase and freetds libs IMO.

So I don't see the need for the gda-sybase_tds server. Won't it be a duplicated
effort?

> Hi Holger,
>
> I'm sorry, but I didn't add me for the gda-sybase server. May be Rodrigo
> did it
> by mistake.

yes, it's clearly my fault. Holger please, fix the AUTHORS file.