Re: GNOME-DB DSN & MySql

michael@selectrec.net wrote:

>  I'm new to this list so please be kind.I've insatalled:Mysql Server |
> client | myodbc(these should be current releases or unstable
> verions)all from rpms.I've also read the docs for MySql & GNOME-DB.I'm
> at my witts end. Can someone tell me the correct string for DSN text
> box in GNOME-DB.thanks in advance.Are there other configuration files
> i need to tweak.Thanks in advance.

You'll need a $HOME/.odbc.ini file with the following content:

[ODBC Data Sources]
MySQL = MySQL

[MySQL]
DSN= MySQL
Driver = /usr/lib/libmyodbc.so
Server = localhost
Database = test
Port = 3306

and a $HOME/.gnome/gdalib file with the following:

[Datasources]
MySQL=MySQL

[MySQL]
Provider=gda-odbc
DSN=MySQL
Description=MySQL Test Database for ODBC
Configurator=MODULE=odbc;ENTRY=MySQL

Yesterday I found a bug in the client library that won't connect to your
ODBC data source if the GDA name and the ODBC name are different, so if
you don't have your sources from CVS, set both names to the same string
(MySQL - MySQL).

Cheers