Re: GNOME-DB DSN & MySql

On Thu, Jan 20 2000, at 13:57:14 -0600, michael@selectrec.net wrote:
> I'm new to this list so please be kind.

You just missed the answer to your question, as it was posted
to the list earlier today. ;)  Here it comes again.

> I've insatalled:
> Mysql Server | client | myodbc
> Can someone tell me the correct string for DSN text box in GNOME-DB.
> thanks in advance.
> Are there other configuration files i need to tweak.
> Thanks in advance.

You need to edit $HOME/.gnome/gdalib and $HOME/.odbc.ini.
I will attach my files. Check the location of your libmyodbc.so
so that it matches the one entered in .odbc.ini.

--
Björn Andersson  <bjorn@lifix.fi>                        +358-50-3412556
Lifix Systems Oy <http://www.lifix.fi/>

[MySQL]
DSN= MySQL
Driver = /usr/lib/libmyodbc.so
Server = localhost
Database = ltime
Port = 3306

[Datasources]
MySQL=MySQL

[MySQL]
Provider=gda-odbc
DSN=MySQL
Description=MySQL Test Database for ODBC
Configurator=MODULE=odbc;ENTRY=MySQL

[Last Connections]
Connection1=MySQL