Re: Can't Connect

On ven, 21 jan 2000, Matias Mutchinick wrote:
> Hi,
> When ever I try to start a connection using gdafe, I get this error message.

> gda-connection.c: 89: gda_connection_real_open called
> Cannot open factory

It could be that you forgot to copy the gnome_db.gnorba file into
/etc/CORBA/servers (or something equivalent), and tune it to your needs. This
is the error I get when I remove my gnome_db.gnorba.

You can see if the postgres or mysql providers are running (if you use CORBA)
by monitoring the /tmp/gda-postgres-srv.log and the mysql equivalent.

> I am trying to connect using the mysql and postgres providers.
> gda-mysql and gda-postgresql.
>
> I installed gnome-db in /opt/gnome-db/ could this be the problem?

In any case, check that the gda-postgres-srv and gda-mysql-srv can be run (id
in you PATH)

> here is what my gdalib looks like.
> [postest]
> Provider=gda-postgres