Re: New set of RPMs

Vivien Malerba wrote:

> On mar, 07 jui 1998, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> >
> > BTW, it would be nice to have both gnome-db and gASQL released at the same time? Have
> > you got a spec file for the RPMs? If not, take the gnome-db.spec.in as an example, or
> > tell me and I'll try to help you.
>
> Ok! At first I just intended to give .tgz source packages and not RPMS, mainly
> because I have never tried to make packages with RPM but I agree with you on
> this. I'll do it.

I'm not experienced on this (this was my first spec file, almost all of it was done by
Daniel Horak, I just fixed some things), but you'll guess how it works by looking at the
gnome-db.spec.in file.

> > I propose that as soon as we finish these two issues (and the 3 new FEATUREs on each
> > server and on the FE) we make the release.
> >

> I need a bit more work with gASQL (aggregates and function params) and I can
> give version 0.5 away. I'll try to work later and complete that by
> thursday.

No rush! I said Thursday for not saying today, but we can wait (can users also wait for
RPMS?) till next week if you prefer, so that we've got the weekend to fix things. I am
right now doing all the things i didn't do last week at work, so I may be a bit busy the
whole week, so it looks perfect to me to wait till, let's say, Monday?