Re: New set of RPMs

On mar, 22 fév 2000, you wrote:
> Vivien Malerba wrote:
>
> > On mar, 07 jui 1998, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > >
> > > BTW, it would be nice to have both gnome-db and gASQL released at the same time? Have
> > > you got a spec file for the RPMs? If not, take the gnome-db.spec.in as an example, or
> > > tell me and I'll try to help you.
> >
> > Ok! At first I just intended to give .tgz source packages and not RPMS, mainly
> > because I have never tried to make packages with RPM but I agree with you on
> > this. I'll do it.
> >

> I'm not experienced on this (this was my first spec file, almost all of it was done by
> Daniel Horak, I just fixed some things), but you'll guess how it works by looking at the
> gnome-db.spec.in file.

I now have a .spec file that seem to build good RPMS except that they are built
for i686 (on which I work). Do you know how to change this to i386 so more
people can use the package (there are some differences between i386 and i686,
no?)

> > > I propose that as soon as we finish these two issues (and the 3 new FEATUREs on each
> > > server and on the FE) we make the release.
> > >

> > I need a bit more work with gASQL (aggregates and function params) and I can
> > give version 0.5 away. I'll try to work later and complete that by
> > thursday.
>
> No rush! I said Thursday for not saying today, but we can wait (can users also wait for
> RPMS?) till next week if you prefer, so that we've got the weekend to fix things. I am
> right now doing all the things i didn't do last week at work, so I may be a bit busy the
> whole week, so it looks perfect to me to wait till, let's say, Monday?

I'll tell you on friday, as I usually have little time to code on the weekends
(I've just bought a house and the week end hobby is DIY).

Cheers!