Re: New libgda package

Akira TAGOH wrote:

> Hello,

> Reinhard> The autogen.sh stuff is IMO a maintainer thing and should not be
> Reinhard> included in the package. When I download libgda (even from cvs) I
> Reinhard> want to do ./configure; make; make install and that should be all.
> Reinhard> autogen.sh needs a lot of packages that not everybody will have
> Reinhard> installed (automake, autoconf, gettext, libtool...)
>
> I think that autogen.sh is needless for tarball. but, I
> don't think that even CVS should not include it.

exactly, it's not needed in the tarball (which I think it is included
now), but it should stay from CVS. The thing for all this is that some
checks contained in the macros/ dir change sometimes, and it will be
very annoying to update our own checks (copypasted from the original
gnome macros/) each time this happens. And some of these checks are not
at all GNOME specific, such as the ORBIT, OAF, Glib checks.