Re: Little problem compiling the cvs stuff...

Rodrigo Moya wrote:

> Joaquín Cuenca Abela wrote:
> >
> > I've made a little patch to gnome-db, and in order to test it, I've
> > compiled the cvs stuff with:
> >
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr
> > make
> > make install
> >
> > (previously I had installed the lasts rpms).
> >
> > Now, when I run gda-fe, and I try to connect with my dbms, I obtain:
> >
> > Error on option
> > --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:gda-mysql:b04e9dc2-1cc8-4027-8cf9-27dcb6a2a63f:
> > unknown option.
> > Run 'gda-mysql-srv --help' to see a full list of available command line
> > options.
> > gda-connection.c: 54: gda_connection_real_error called
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > (if I try 'gda-mysql-srv --help' it yields:
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > Gnome Object Activation Directory
> >   --activate-goad-server=GOAD_ID   (Internal use only) GOAD server ID to
> >                                    activate
> >   --goad-fd=GOAD_FD                (Internal use only) GOAD file
> > descriptor
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > )
> It looks like something with the oaf_popt_options (needed for correct
> OAF use). And looking at the code, I've seen that they're not used if
> using GNORBA. So, it's now added to CVS (it's just the
> gda-srv/gda-server-init.c file).

I was thinking that, but:

[cuenca@pc_joel gnome]$ rpm -q oaf
oaf-0.4.0-0_helix_2

it's weird...
let's me verify... yes, look that:

[cuenca@pc_joel gnome]$ ls -ld /usr/bin/gda-mysql-srv
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        17461 Jul 10 19:15
/usr/bin/gda-mysql-srv
[cuenca@pc_joel gnome]$ date
Mon Aug 14 17:55:03 CEST 2000

I think that the compilation/installation has stepped the gda-* stuff,
but I don't know the reason...  I will investigate that...

> > P.S.: To me, the "cvs stuff" = gnome-db module.  Is it correct, or do I
> > have to download the libgda & gnome-db2 modules?
> >
> In a couple of hours or so, I'll check in the gnome-db2 module, and from
> then, please use it, although there are some things in gnome-db that are
> not present in gnome-db2. But the front end is basically there, and the
> manager is complete.

ok!

Cheers,

--