Re: Build problem with linc->ORBit2->libbonoboui. I'm stuck :(

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 10:06:26AM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	Great work you two,
>
> On Sat, 2003-04-26 at 10:26, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> > I have seen this before, too, so fixing it is not too hard -- it is a
> > problem with the order of libraries in the variables passed to libtool.
> > Of course, the solution is far from elegant.
> >
> > Michael: Can the attached tiny patch be applied, please. It fixes this
> > problem (yes, I know libtool is horrible, but we'll take that as read).
>
> 	Yes; that's lovely, can you whack it into HEAD and gnome-2-2 with
> appropriate ChangeLog entries.

I have comitted the fix to HEAD (with ChangeLog).

For the gnome-2-2 branch, there is no breakage because the commit that
went into head on 2003-04-18 is missing from the gnome-2-2 branch. There
is no reference in that commit to a bug number of anything and it wasn't
discussed on this list. It looks like somebody trying to make
libbonoboui build on another platform. Is it needed on the gnome-2-2
branch (linking libbonoboui against popt)? I have not made any changes
on that branch because I cannot track the reason for the change on April
18.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
I don't have a solution, but I admire your problem.