Learning about BonoboControls/NautilusViews

Hi,

I'm quite new to GNOME programming, and I have a bunch
of questions about Bonobo and the NautilusView. Sorry
I did not put them in different threads :)

Here it goes :

* About BonoboPersistFile: the GObject is deprecated
but the Interface itself not. If you want an application
to implement the interface you have to create your own
GObject instead of using/inheriting from BonoboPersistFile?
Is that Correct? (do I have to compile the idl file then?)

btw: But why are so many new applications using
BonoboPersistFile (like Eog-Collection ??)

* If you want a BonoboControl to be able to show up in
Nautilus it has to implement besides Bonobo::Unknown
and Bonobo::Control also Bonobo::PersistFile? (and the
server file must have the view-as etc elements). Is
that correct? At least a saw Eog-Collection doing it
that way...

I also know that if your .server file says it implements
Nautilus/View it shows up. Btw: if you really create
an an object inherited from NautilusView, for wich reasons
I should do that?

* ...and is there a way to tell nautilus not
to activate your control (NO Bonobo_Control_activate) ?

* As an exercise a made simple BonoboControl implementing
BonoboZoomable and simple container for it. I also made
a NautilusView that wraps the BonoboControl using
'nautilus_view_construct_from_bonobo_control'. I made the
server file that way that it could show up as a view or
as an property page tab. But when I go back to another view
, my little sample control keeps haning around in the
memory for a while, and during that period i cannot activate
the view again? Any ideas why?

Ok, this for a starter. Please bare with me :-) I probably
have a lot more questions.

Kind regards, Steven H, aka Mikoyan