gnome-vfs dependency for bonobo (was gnome_mime vs. gnome_vfs_mime)

on 11/30/00 9:41 AM, Miguel de Icaza at miguel helixcode com wrote:

> The only thing in Bonobo that depends on the mime feature is a
> moniker handler.   I do not want to add a dependency on the entire
> bonobo module on gnome-vfs because of this (and because the storage
> module was moved there).

The reason I thought your objection had something to do with gnome-vfs
specifically (rather than a problem with additional dependencies in general)
is that you didn't speak out against the gdk-pixbuf dependency, nor the
gnome-print dependency, nor the gtkhtml circular dependency that seems to
creep in from time to time. But now I understand that's not the case, and
your objection is about keeping out unnecessary dependencies in general, not
a particular problem with gnome-vfs.

I think that your desire to keep the number of dependencies down is good.

On a separate note, bonobo now depends on gnome-vfs once again due to the
bonobo-gnome-vfs-stream class in the storage system. Have you and Michael
worked this out?

    -- Darin