Re: using deprecated gnome_mime instead of gnome_vfs_mime (was file moniker patch)

on 11/30/00 9:41 AM, Miguel de Icaza at miguel helixcode com wrote:

> The old mime database is deprecated, perfect.  But right now
> this allows me to remove a dependency.

My only worry is that the old MIME database gives answers that are often
wrong, and different from the new one. If the trivial hack in the moniker
code will still work well enough when it gets incorrect MIME types for many
files, then I guess this is fine as an interim measure.

Problems with the old MIME code and database weren't noticed by non-gmc
users, so there were many, many problems with it.

    -- Darin