My first component

Hi folks, I'm developing my first bonobo component, and I need a little
help to get started.

My idea is to reimplement much of the functionality of a 'Bloomberg
Box'. However, I'm starting small, with a simple 'real time chart'
component. Essentially it's a wiggly line generator. ;-)

My starting point is writing the IDL file for it.

>From what I've been told (and it's been a bit tricky finding the right
documentation), I'll need to inherit from the GNOME::Control interface.
I have no idea what this interface looks like, or what header I need to
include, or even what packages I'll need.

The interface will be along these lines:

    * dataStream : GNOME:Stream
    * hSize : int
    * vSize : int
    * labelFont : font
    * xUnits : int
    * yUnits : int

And that's about it. I'll need to develop a simple protocol to send the
timestamped data to the component, through the dataStream object. The
rest is simply a matter of layout.

So, could someone explain to me the steps I'll need to take to get from
this to a finished component and a sample implementation?

Thanks in advance.

--
Oliver White