Re: bonobo, gnome-vfs, and libefs

Hi Maciej,

On 24 Aug 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> I disabled the building of the efs module in gnome-vfs entirely for
> now (by commenting lines in Makefile.am), since it was not compiling.

	Fair enough; thanks, IIRC it might not pass distcheck, since the
regression test tests the efs backend extensively.

> I notice that the optional bonobo dependency on gnome-vfs was disabled
> in configure.in for now. Is that permanent, or is it possible bonobo
> might once again use gnome-vfs someday (either the same way as the
> disabled one, or to implement other moniker types)?

	Oh I don't know, we'll have to think about it; certainly for now I
think it is a bad idea. It would be possible to implement the file
moniker eg. outside the bonobo tree and depend on both bonobo and
gnome-vfs.

> In any case, I'd still rather not have gnome-vfs depend on Bonobo.

	Of course.