Re: My first component

Hi,

On Fri Aug 25, 2000 at 12:59:23PM +0000, Oliver White wrote:
-> Hi folks, I'm developing my first bonobo component, and I need a little
-> help to get started.
->
-> My idea is to reimplement much of the functionality of a 'Bloomberg
-> Box'. However, I'm starting small, with a simple 'real time chart'
-> component. Essentially it's a wiggly line generator. ;-)
->
-> My starting point is writing the IDL file for it.
->
-> >From what I've been told (and it's been a bit tricky finding the right
-> documentation), I'll need to inherit from the GNOME::Control interface.
-> I have no idea what this interface looks like, or what header I need to
-> include, or even what packages I'll need.

Sorry, didn't read your mail well enough :-(

The 'real-time' part makes it a bit harder. You'll probably need the listener
stuff somebody was talking about in this thread. Or wait for the book
;-)

--Dirk-Jan.

          Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <djcb@dds.nl>
           http://www.casema.net/~devnull
                 PGP/GPG fingerprint:
 BB49 41D7 053D E5F1 F333 586E C530 CBC3 4352 A39F