Re: bonobo-hello

ERDI Gergo <cactus@cactus.rulez.org> writes:

> On 20 Apr 2000, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>
> > By the way, as long as you're here...
> >
> > I think the bonobo-hello container should replace the one in
> > samples/compound-doc and some of the other hokey test containers that
> > are in the bonobo tree.
>
> Actually, that was my initial plan, but I'm not happy with bonobo-hello
> exactly because of the crashes because of bad object destructions (or
> maybe there are other unclean parts of it)

I don't think any of the test or sample programs in the bonobo module
are any better in this regard. In particular, I have observed the
"floating ugly rectangle" problem that you mention.

> > I also think the bonobo-hello component should be placed in samples/
> > as it is a _far_ better example to copy than anything there or in
> > components/
>
> OK so in contrast with my first paragraph, in good ol' release early
> fashion, I'll commit both the component and the container app to the main
> Bonobo CVS tree (if no one objects)

Be a good boy and send a patch to the list first. :-)

I do think that the component and the container should go in separate
directories.

 - Maciej